We are very happy to introduce you to Christopher Scents! It all began in 2016 from his kitchen in Maldon and has gone from strength to strength. "I love how fragrances are so personal, watching customers inhale and transport with fragrance is a real inspiration to me" Chris
Christopher Scents Candles are beautiful candles made from 220g natural Soy Wax and are available in a variety of luxurious fragrances. The candles are beautifully wrapped in a classic white box, cellophane and with a black bow. These candles are the perfect treat for yourself or make an excellent, thoughtful gift.
Sandalwood & Black Pepper is bold and complex - leading with top notes of leather, tobacco, amber and musk. The middle is a spicy mixture of black tea and pepper. The base note is ages teak wood with tones of patchouli and sandalwood; it’s gorgeous and so strong!
HOW TO BURN YOUR CANDLE
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts, or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.
2. Burn regular-sized candles for one and a half to two hours at a time. Burning for less time can cause the candle to 'tunnel', which leaves a build-up of wax around the vessel's sides. Burning for longer periods (over four hours) can cause the wick to move, or slant.
3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
HOW TO CARE FOR WICKS
1. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
2. After extinguishing the flame with a snuffer, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long can cause the wick to move, or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.
3. Long, or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) is the easiest way to prevent this.